Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Album Release Party

My dad just finished recording his third album. On Saturday, they (my mom and dad) had about fifty close friends and family over to hear him play a backyard concert.

Some background: My father was a professional-level musician in the 1970s and early 1980s, prior to becoming an educator. At 54, my dad now has Parkinson's Plus, which is a condition similar to Parkinson's Disease, but with some additional symptoms similar to ALS. (That is a very simplistic discription--for more, see my dad's blog.) So, for my dad to play and record, and then perform for a group of people is really a BIG deal.

The concert went really well and was really fun to hang out with my parents' friends, and to get to see my aunt Teri and uncle Matt.

One of our longtime family friends, Jeremy Ricketts took some pictures. Here's a little slideshow:

1 comment:

Dan said...

Daniel, Thank you son for posting this and for the slide show. You are a great son! I mean that with all my heart. Dad