Friday, April 9, 2010

Things that should have happened

Sometimes--especially when it comes to potential music pairings--there are things just seem like they would've been such a good idea, that they really should have happened. If only...

Happily, I discovered that one of those things that definitely should have happened at some point, actually did. The obviousness and brilliance of it, makes me feel a little embarrassed for ever having doubted it. So, I give you Johnny Cash and Joe Strummer:

1 comment:

Dan said...

Daniel, Thanks for sharing this video. There is something just amazing about the wedding of the music of two greats from two different eras. It speaks of the greatness of both artists. I can't help but think, however, what a tremendous life was that of Cash as a humble, spiritual and genuine man. He is becoming more important to me, not in part because of his Shy Drager illness and the bond that gives me with him. Your music taste touches my heart because it is something we share so deeply. Thanks son. I hope you have a really nice weekend. Keep smiling, for you are a very special person in my eyes.